Aalto Vase in Linen (Tall)
Since winning the 1937 Paris World Fair, design legend Alvar Aalto’s fluid waves (“aalto” in Finnish) shape has become a timeless symbol of Scandinavian interior design. Inspired by the natural beauty of his native Finland, Aalto created iconic pieces that merged function with sculpture. Each unique Aalto vase is first mouthblown, then hand cut before going through several polishings at the Iittala Glass Factory. The versatile size is perfect for most flower bouquets. The new linen colour brings natural elegance to any interior. A lovely birthday, wedding or anniversary gift.
Care & Maintenance
Floral varieties and colour ways may vary due to seasonal availability. A couple of tips to increase longevity of your flowers:
- On receiving your flowers, be sure to trim their stems (2cm) on a 45-degree angle prior to placing them in their vase.
- Flowers consume a lot of water. It is important to ensure they always have two thirds of the case full.
- As flowers are susceptible to bacteria build up, please change their water every two days and fresh cut their stems.
- Use sharp scissors when trimming their stems to avoid damaging the tissue / cells are the base.
- By keeping your flowers out of direct sunlight and heat, you will be ensuring their longevity, as they will mature quickly when exposed to heat and light.